Shiny Designs has moved!
Come on over to the new site and see what's new.
Shiny Designs...on the Brighter Side of Life.

Monday, January 7, 2008

STILL Making Swatches

And, I should really be done with that by now. But an earlier bit of procrastination has now added a little excitement to my days. Actually, I was mulling the whole thing over - letting my subconscious work on it. Yeah, that's it.

After spending most of today knitting bits of fabric, measuring them in all their different dimensions and what seemed like hours of fiddling with arithmetic and schematic diagrams, I am finally happy with the idea. Now, part of tomorrow is set aside to actually draft the instructions.

This one is a sweater and is worked in 5 colors of Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash. I've not used this yarn before and it is wonderful to work with. It is everything you would look for in a good basic yarn. Easy to work with, good stitch definition, huge color range, 100 % wool and washable too!

It works to about 5 stitches to the inch on size 7 needles. So far, I haven't found anything not to like about it. We'll see how it works into an actual project.

No comments: