Shiny Designs has moved!
Come on over to the new site and see what's new.
Shiny Designs...on the Brighter Side of Life.

Friday, September 5, 2008

Crochet Project for a Change - Fall Feeling

It's still pretty warm here in Florida, but I'm working on the Fall Feeling with this new project. I had an urge to crochet and found this loden green yarn in stash as well as the brown. It's woolease from Lion Brand so is nice and sturdy and washable - perfect for a throw.

As for the colors, I don't know why I bought 10 balls of this green. It's a pretty color, but I sure can't wear it as a sweater - it makes me look sick. The brown, left over from earlier projects, is called Mink Brown and is a really lovely flecked and "fibery" color. Again, it's not a good color for garments on me. SO, the next best thing is to make a warm and cozy blanket sort of project.

The hexagons are modified from an octagonal block found in one of my stitch dictionaries and they are simply edged with the brown. Single crochet holds it all together.

The hexagons don't take very long to make but I figured out that I'll have to make somewhere between 120 and 192 of them to make a fair sized throw. We'll see if I chicken out early and it ends up more like a scarf!

4 comments:

Pamala Rose said...

Good luck...just keep thinking of the years of comfort it will offer.

Monette Satterfield said...

That's a great way to look at it. Thanks for the encouragement.

Deb said...

Oh you're such a brave woman!!! I cannot seem to finish "block" projects. I get overwhelmed by how many I have to do, lol. My solution was to do Entrelac in Tunisian Crochet. I have blocks, but all done at once!

Monette Satterfield said...

Wow! Brave! Thanks!

I've made it to three rows total now so it is at least shawl sized. Everything from now on is gravy :)