Shiny Designs has moved!
Come on over to the new site and see what's new.
Shiny Designs...on the Brighter Side of Life.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Watercolor Bunny Postcard

Here's a 4x6 watercolor postcard painted to send as a thank you note to a friend for a wonderful birthday present. She was so thoughtful and gave me four - FOUR - books from the Artist's Photo Reference series published by North Light Books.
This little fellow is from page 75 of the Wildlife book. He's painted with French Ultramarine, Burnt Sienna and a touch of Paynes gray for texture. Not too bad for my first bunny!

8 comments:

kazumiwannabe said...

What a cool card (and present!) The bunny is both cute and beautiful!

Sarah M said...

What a sweet bunny and a lovely friend!

Timaree said...

Really nice bunny. You didn't keep prints to sell? I for one would love to buy a set of notecards of these for my daughter or a larger print. ????

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

this is lovely. nice use of colour.

Judybec said...

This is fabulous! What a treasure to receive from a friend. I'm sure she'll love it--I would!

Anonymous said...

How charming. I can't believe it is your first bunny. I think making this available for sale is a good idea!

Monette Satterfield said...

Thanks for the positive comments! I'll check into cards or prints soon. Look for a future posting with news on that.

Ann said...

I agree - note cards, prints, this adorable bunny should be part of that collection!